2/17/15

EDITOR’S NOTE: New Category ~~man cave

I’ve created a new category for the “HoW2 iNDEX”:

themancaveman cave: I’ve been keeping the website gender neutral up to this point. As a matter of fact, most of the articles have been ‘household’ tips, i.e.., woman’s work. But, under the circumstance household tips that have catered to a bachelor’s needs. The needs of a poor disposed of husband cast out into the cold harsh world where there is no apparent answer to the question, “If you have to separate whites from colors, then why don’t you have to separate reds from blues from greens, etc.?
The unfortunate truth though is that as I have aged I have succumbed to old man tendencies that never garnered my attention before. (a craving for plaid is not yet one of them)

Things such as… hats. Because of my large brain I have never been

comfortable with baseball caps (one size does not fit all if your size is 7 3/8 with a haircut). As I entered middle age I shunned the idea further because of fear that hats contributed to baldness, and then when I realized baldness wasn’t going to be a problem I wanted to flaunt the fact that I still had all my hair (and teeth too, but that’s another story). But lately Fedoras, Panama Jack, and cowboy hats have appealed to me. Hat care and etiquette were new encounters for me.
So too was the case of neck ties. Thirty years ago I knew how to tie a homertie, but after 30 years of casual wear as a postal worker I have forgotten how to tie one. The occasional shirt and tie event sent shivers down my spine in the fear that my clip-on would be discovered.
As someone who grew up in the ‘shaving cream in a can’ era I recently switched to an old fashion shaving mug and brush with no expertise in its proper use.

Having lacked or forgotten early male training in several areas, gathering information pertaining to these more natural masculine needs (i.e.., I’m a man, I don’t belong in the kitchen), the how2 information obviously needs its own category for indexing. Thus the ‘man cave’ category.

Ladies, get over it.

GlennDL

watch the ‘man cave’ category for new post/articles.

gettingold (2)

No comments: